Thursday, April 30, 2009

Run through the jungle

or the water or the forrest :)

Morning training
60 min easy aqua run - legs weren't as tired as I thought they'd be. And those mother$%#@'s lied last night. Stop me from sleeping? I think not. Thanks Zoot compression tights and YogiTime Sleepy tea, my mind and legs rested a full 8 hours.

Evening training
75 min run through the forrest :D
I LOVE that 15 minutes away from home I can run throughout a massive forrest, smack dab in the middle of the city none the less. It was a beautiful 60 degrees, the sun was shinning throughout the trees and I was running, at some points I may have been flying. As I ran I looked around, I took the fresh air (so much better then pool water! even saline sucks), the beautiful trees and birds (pool tile gets old, fast), I even stopped to put a purple flower in my hair (it matched my top :)). I LOVE to run. I ran and I ran and I ran, pain free. I was a little worried because the Wildwood trail is very hilly, rocky, tree roots everywhere and not to mention muddy (I slipped a few times), but none of this affected my leg. I think I'm healing well, I just need to keep slowly adding duration, minute after minute I'll eventually get there.

No comments: