Friday, April 10, 2009

Fractured Fibula Shaft

X-Ray results are back - I have a healing fractured fibula shaft. Awesome. The only good part in that news is the word "healing". Apparently I actually listened to someone (:gasp: I know, who would have thunk?) and have been on the right road to recovery. I'm still able to bike and swim and can slowly continue to test out my run. I'm referred to a fractured clinic and hope to get in within the next week. The doc asked if I knew how I did it and I explained the initial injury and then that 14 miler where I collapsed around mile 11ish....then hobbled back for the last 3 miles. She was amazed that I was even able to walk after that, let alone the weeks to follow. I guess this is proof that my pain tolerance is high. A good thing when it comes to racing not so good when an injury happens. I'll try to seek out the positive in this and be happy it happened at the beginning of the season and that I'm on a road to recovery....a long road at that.

Morning workout
30 min easy run
45 min high intensity aqua run

Evening swim
7 x 500's - 8:10-8:20 w/ :30 rests

Total yardage 3500 - felt good

Got my Blue Seventy Helix wetsuit today. Can't wait to try it out.

No comments: