Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday Track

Noon - 60 min Pilates. Focused on prime core work, my abs were screaming to stop by the end.

Evening track -
1.4 mile warm up run to track from home.
5 min stretch
15 min of drills (a$$ kickers, strides, side strides, high knee skips) 1.5 miles
Start of ladder
400 - 1:49
800 - 3:38
1600 - 7:10
Ugh! This is where I got stopped. A coach asked me not do speed work because he had "rented" the track for his kids and was fearful that I might run over them. I was running at Fowler middle school and my assumption was post school the track was free to the public, apparently not. The track is freaking huge, not really sure why he couldn't just let me have the inner lane. I decided not to argue and just leave. I was irritated before this and he was just the icing on the cake. During my speed work I had to dodge a **** load of kids walking/playing aimlessly and couples and "soccer moms" thinking it is ok to walk 2-3 deep in the inner lane. Do people not know the inner lane is the mile marker?! WTF? I decided to run out 3/4 of a mile from the track and finish the last mile and half back with a 3:40 and 1:50 tempo, to get my remaining speed work in.
Total mileage = approx 7 miles, 2.5 speed work, 1.5 drills, 3 warm up, cool down and floats.

No comments: