Thursday, May 15, 2008

Swim..Pilates...Bike/Run..Oh MY!

Wednesday morning Team Swim

350 warm up

1 mile race simulator
100 timed all out effort ; 1:29
50 easy
50 with fins easy
With fins
25 x 2 70%, 25 x 2 80%, 25 x 2 90%, 25 x 2 80%, 25 x 2 100%
200 easy with bobs at the first 25
200 x 5. First 200 breathing out though the nose.
100 easy
50 x 8; 65% effort intervals, count time ; ;48-;50
100 easy
25 with 10 wall push ups
50 with 10 wall push ups
25

Total 2500 yards

This was a lot more difficult then some of my swims with more yardage. I think it was because we increased then decreased our HRs and didn’t rest much, if at all. It was interesting to see my all out 100% effort 100 yard swim came in at a 1:29, but my 50 yard intervals at 65% effort came in at 48-50 seconds. So just say 50x2 = 1:40 100 yard; only 11 sec more then my 100% effort. This taught me that conserving energy is not really going to make you that much slower. I will give up my 11 secs per 100 to run out of the water with high energy to attack Mt. Bachelor.

Wednesday Part 2 - 60 minutes Pilates
Which I was OWNED by, I swear they had the heat up, it was hot and sticky.

Thursday evening part 3 - Evening hill bike ride along the PDX West Hills/Brick

I arrived at the meeting sport 40 minutes early so I decided to take a leisurely ride around the neighborhood to warm up. It was a beautiful evening, sun was out shinning and I'm sure it was in the high 60's if not low 70's. The sun felt hot on my back. I bought a new PDX tri club TRI shirt from Lindsay last weekend and decided to tri it out today since I would be running for a bit post ride. Overall I liked it, the material is very thin and light weight. I like the color and design. It has a pocket in the back, yay! The only thing I don't care for is that it is a "boy" cut. The arm holes are way to big and stretch out around my sports bra too much. But the arms are also seamless which means no chaffing....so I'm happy.
The group arrives and we take off. A link to the ride is below.
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/or/portland/834621727855

Ilana was the only girl that rode the whole way with me. Thanks hun, it is so nice to have someone else to ride with. I'm usually stuck out by myself because I'm not quick enough for the boys yet I'm faster then most of the girls. The first 30 minutes was all pretty much hill climbing, it felt good. That oh so painful good . Then we hit Skyline (yes the road actually is a skyline to the city, it is ****ing BEAUTIFUL) and hit some rollers. This was fun to push speed to get enough momentum to make it up the next hill. Skyline took us to Germantown RD and then to Cornelisus Pass. Turned around and went back. On the way back I stopped at Germantown to wait for Ilana and what stops and passes by me? Two amazingly hot cyclists. Seriously jaw dropping. One had arms that looked like thick braided rope. For the love of God, I almost fell off my bike watching him. Ilana was quickly to follow so I decided to chase them. I know they were ****ing with me too. The both kept turning and looking back.....I would get sooooo close to them and then fall back a little. Damn! Damn! Damn! I know they were taking it easy and then pushing it a bit, the head turn backs wasn't helping anything. I ended up losing them by Thompson RD..... but they did push me to get a kick ass workout in. Ilana and I then descending down Thompson holding our breaks. Sorry, but the descent was too curvy and sharp with no shoulder....too scary for me. This also made me a bit chilly. Brrrrr. We get back to the start, I throw my bike in my car, grab my run shoes and go off for a short run to get my legs acclimated to transitioning. I don't know why but my legs felt light and quick....I had this feeling during the last brick. Either I am A. Adjusting quicker or B. The hills help out my transition. Either way my run rocked. I ran around NW PDX/The Pearl District for 15 minutes. I felt quick but am unsure of my time, off of feel I'd say I was a 8:00-8:30 min mile, ran for 15 minutes, close to 2 miles.

This workout felt great! Thanks again Ilana, it so nice to have a riding partner, you're kicking ass girl!

Summary 28 mile ride/15 min run.

No comments: