Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday - Easy 5.2 recovery run

Got up at 4:45am to get my easy run in for the day. I jumped out of bed and almost fell over. Damn my legs were stiff. The first 1/4 mile I pretty much limped like a gimp. My ribs felt bruised from all the Pilates core work (good thing btw) and my hamstrings were tight and had no bounce. 3/4 of a mile in I stopped and spent a good time stretching.....then continued on my way. Allergies are again in full effect and I'm sneezing like crazy. About a mile in and my legs felt pretty good. I rocked out to my Ipod and enjoyed the rest of my run as the moon retired and the light came alive for the day. Feeling pretty good now. I'm glad I got my run in early, I'll have a full 24 hours of recovery on my legs until the next training session.

My weekend looks like this
Saturday - RACC Ride around Clark County, 65-MILE LOOP: Loop travels east, around Lacamas Lake, then north through the hills of Hockinson, through Battle Ground, to Daybreak Park, west through Ridgefield, then south through Felida and back to the finish at Clark College. (3,000 ft. elevation gain). This ride is notarious for their kick ass aid stations. It was this time last year that I discovered the wonders of trail putty. Mmmmmmm

Sunday - Eugene 1/2 marathon. I had originally intended on racing this since I have never "raced" a half before. But screw that. My legs are going to be toast after that ride tomorrow. I'll give it good effort and that's about it.

No comments: