Saturday, May 24, 2008

44/7.5 Brick

This is probably going to be the most boring report I have done....because the brick went flawless. Nutrition played a HUGE key in this. Last night I filled up on Salmon, brown rice, Saki ( got to have a little fun right?) and PB. I weighed myself this morning and in the last 2-3 days I have put on 3 1/2 lbs. This is good. The brick was supposed to be a 50/10 but for whatever reason the coaches/captains cut it short.
Here's a map of the ride
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/or/gaston/321883201470
I ended up doing 44 miles because Jenny and I missed the turn at Dilly road and went out another 1.5 miles before we realized.
And here's the approx run
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/or/gaston/453459262264

I gave about 75-80 effort on this brick. I had good energy which I spent but I didn't go all out. The run only took my 62 minutes. It was supposed to be 8 miles but I couldn't fathom that I ran it as fast as I did as it was uber hilly, my time was 62 minutes and I am not that fast. I got home and mapped it and in looks like it was 7.5-7.8 depending on the exact start, so regardless I still was pretty quick, avg'ing between 8-8:30 min mile. That is good for me coming off the bike and hitting hills without going all out. I went home and weighed myself. Lost .2 lbs, hot damn, perfect electrolyte/hydration/nutrition!

This workout makes me very hopeful for Pacific Crest. As long as we don't get decimated by a heat wave I should be right on my goal

No comments: