Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Team AM Swim

Workout Part One

Warm up 500
Circuit drills
*12 x 50;s - 5 people, 1 sprints and passes per 50
*2 x 500's; practice sighting
*2 x 25 sprints; rest 15 sec between; 1 x 100 slow breaking down to 4, 5 strokes per breath; repeat 4 times
50 easy cool down.

Total yardage 2750

Today was difficult for me. Thankfully I have a mental alarm clock because my alarm never went off and I only woke up 10 mins late. Also, thankfully I'm a planner and had everything laid out and ready to go the night before. I got to swim early. The first warm up lap felt really good and then I don't know what happened.... I just felt fatigued the rest of the swim. Our mileage is getting up there and with my nutrition being short, the change in weather and adapting to the heat, I'm starting to feel more and more tired.....I don't like it.
Last night I woke up at 1:30 to a growling tummy again. I ate 250 cal right before bed thinking that would hold me over until morning. I ate another 200 kcal at 1:30am and then a small breakfast when I woke preswim. It sucks, I feel bloated and full yet I'm not. I ****ing hate sodium and carb loading.

No comments: