Thursday, May 22, 2008

Training has been doing me wrong :(

Wednesday night -
I drove out to Marine Drive with all the intentions of riding Cadence. Along the ride I fuel up on my Cliff bar and a banana. As I'm doing this it starts raining. Great! I still have another 40 minutes before we start riding so maybe it will go away. It never did, rain on and off and lots of wind. I sat in my car for 15 minutes completing riding. My body was fatigued, motivation was not there and my attitude overall was suffering. So instead I txt my good friend Kelly to see if she wanted to come meet me to have a drink at the Kennedy School. Thankfully she did and we spent the next 2 hours catching up on life and enjoying good food and drinks. Lol, I'm a bad influence and got my mentor to skip out on the ride as well. Turns out it was for the best, a few people had gone out, turn around 1/4 of the way back, it was nasty out there.

Thursday - still not motivation
But still I did my work...maybe not as planned. The idea was to park at the gym and run out 30 mins or 3 miles easy and turn back....but then the fricking rain started up. Only in Oregon will it be 65 and showery one day, 90 hot and sunny another and then rainy again a day later. WTF? So I opted to stay at the gym and do an easy paced run for 60 minutes. Sadly it wasn't easy at all. The pace was but once again my tummy wanted to jump ship. I'm working on trying to increase my caloric intake....so today I ate a little bit more here and there.....and my tummy was not happy....and it made this loud and clear during my run. Oh the humanity!
Post run I headed in for a 60 minutes Pilates class. This sucked ass too....tummy still hurt and my core didn't want to work.

Oh well...at least I did something today. Tomorrow I'll do an easy swim and then eat like machine to prep for Saturday's 4+ hour brick.

No comments: