Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brick Nutrition Recap -

That carb/fat loading dinner (please see blog posted on 5/9/08 :D ) was exactly what I needed! I ate two small breakfasts pre brick and kicked major ass during training. I've learned that if I max out my glycogen stores the night before and morning of I don't need to consume as much during training and I have constant energy.

Saturday 5/10/08

Pre Brick from 6-8 am I consumed approx 725 cal - Multi grain pancakes, Banana, PB, honey and whole wheat bread
During Brick 45/5 9:00am-12:30pm - Consumed trail putty (PB, honey and dried non-fat condensed milk), Cliff Shot Blocks and 1 Power Gel = 485 cal.

Burned 2020 cal during brick. Only consumed 24% of energy burned. I usually aim for 30% but I think this is where the maxed out glycogen came in to play. Eating while training/racing is no fun so I'll get in what I can before hand.

Post brick I had 200 cal in Endurox which quickly restored my brain cells, then met up with some of the team for Jenny's fundraiser at Ammnesia Brewery. I kind you not, one glass of wine and I was highly intoxicated. Good thing I was there for 2 hours. Along with wine I had a slice of Pesto jalepeno pizza, a greek salad and some chips.

EOD my caloric intake was up to around 3050, Energy used during training 2020+1800 RMR = 3820, I continued to eat small meals throughout the day but still ended up deficient. I also lost 3 lbs by EOD which means I need to look at my sodium and H2o levels more closely.

No comments: