Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday - 60 min LSD recovery run.

Why is it I am programmed to wake up between 4:30 and 6 am? This drives me nuts. I stayed up later last night hoping to sleep in until 7am, but nope, I started tossing and turning around 5:15, I finally dragged my tail out of bed around 5:50am. Oh well. I made a yummy breakfast of multi grain pancakes with pb and banana's. Mmmm, good stuff. Then I spent the next 40 mins doing Pilates stretching out my legs, warming up my spine and doing some core work. Then I headed out for my LSD recovery run. My legs felt really good. I must have done something right. It was really easy to start off running fast...I just felt so light and quick, but realized that I needed to keep my HR down. All training has a purpose and this one was to run SLOW and conserve energy. So that I did. Ran 6.6 miles in 55 mins, avg'ing 9 min miles and an avg HR of 145. This is pretty neat, I use to run 10 min miles at that HR same type of course with flats and hills. So I guess this means I'm becoming more efficient? Or so I hope. This month has started out great! I'm see'ing a lot of positive results. Must keep it up.

No comments: