Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Swim, Bike, Run...Oh My!

Swim

Met up with Alana for an early morning swim. I tested out my new Louis Garneau blue 1 pc PowerShark tri suit. It is seriously BADASS. I look very alien like, my TT helmet will be the cherry on the Sunday. Too bad I can't rock my blue gold fish swim cap, it has a fin on top! It's very stealth :)

500 warm up - pushed it a little just to see what my sprint will feel like - 8:15. I need to hit a 8 min 500y, hopefully race adrenaline and drafting will help :)

Drills
1 x 250 buoy
1 x 250 paddles
repeat 1 more x

1 x 50 - one arm glide
1 x 50 - catch up
1 x 50 - finger drag
repeat 1 more time

1 x 200- 50 A-ok - 50 fist - 50 karate, 50 free

Main Set
10 x 100's - one the 1:45 - landed on 1:30-1:32 each time.

200 cool down.

Total yardage 3200

I was asked to write an article for my work's blogspot on triathlon. Any aspect I'd like. This is much more difficult then I thought it would be. I blog my training day in and day out and it all just flows off my finger tips. I think my problem is choosing what to write about. Also the fact that when I think about the sport I get giddy and day dream, it's hard to stay on topic. Triathlon is my passion, it is my life, it's what makes me happy and completes me. It's hard to express that in 750-1000 words. Somehow I will manage.

Evening Brick

90 min spin - I grew tired of our crap-tastic weather the weekend and decided to bike indoors. Intervals indoors are much more difficult IMO then outside.

10 min warm up
4 x 15 on the big ring - upper threshold 180-210 watts; 5 min recoveries.

Malto on the 20 - got to love me some malto :)

I then transitioned into my racing flats and went out for a 3.12 mile. I wanted to see if I had an oomph left in my run. It's been so long since I tried to make my legs go fast. I also wanted to test out going sock-less in my Nike flats. One mile in I found that to be a bad idea as the side of the shoe was cutting into my ankle. Have no fear! I threw some socks in my pocket :) Some guy passed me as I was putting on my socks. I used him as a rabbit, but he was slow so that didn't last for long. I ended up finishing a dab over 24 minutes which put my run at a 7:45 pace. I'm no longer fast, but I don't feel slow either. I still have a little "GO" left and that's nice to know. Rocked my new Louis Garneau 2pc black Power Shark. I feel like a whale in this thing. At least on the bike, but it doesn't help that I have a mirror next to my trainer (so what, I'm vain! Lol, I like checkin' out my body position :)) and this suit the my tummy bulge is apparent , not hot. But on the other hand, it's a hot suit to run in - looks very sleek and the quad compression is amazing. I'm glad I tested the suit out as I forgot Body Glide and quickly learned where I chafe, ouch.

And I leave you with my most recent batch of frozen yogurt - blueberry


Yogi time tea, take me away zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: