Sunday, November 9, 2008

Volunteering

I have some free time on my hands and it needs to be filled with something productive. I can only drink so much :) So with that being said I've decided to volunteer but I'm not sure where I should spend my time. There are a few things close to my heart I'm thinking about but I'd also like to help in areas I'm less familiar with. So I'm coming to you, my friends who frequent or stumble across my blog...what matters to you? Please leave a comment and help me with my decision. Thanks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Consider the big brother/sister program. Inner city kids would do well to have a mentor like you, with your work ethic. Your love of fitness is something poor children really need.

Lindsay R. Kandra, Esquire. said...

Community cycling center...volunteer while learning how to take care of your bike!

JC said...

Anything with kids is great!!! Maybe after or before school help with a cross country or track team (since you have a bit of experience with fitness LOL) or a Big Sister program. Or volunteer at an animal shelter (take dogs for walks - hey you could even do that with a lil sister).

You are a SUPER Person, hope you find something right for you, b/c you will have a HUGE impact on someone eles's life.

Matt Getting said...

Because you are so involved in fitness, working w/ overweight kids would be a good opportunity.