Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stuff to ponder....

How do you hold yourself accountable? "I didn't do this because.....well then this came up.....and at the point I had no choice......it was the food I ate......peer pressure's a b$%#&......the course was hard.....there were more hills or wind then I expected......if I had a good bike......there's just not enough hours in a day." You name it and someone will come with an excuse for something.
A mentor once said "Excuses are like farts, everyone has them and no one likes to smell or hear it".
I'm not pointing fingers; because for one that's rude and two I'm guilty of it just as everyone else is. If I come up with an excuse I'll dig down to the root and figure out how to not make that same mistake twice. Also I feel an excuse is a reasoning with oneself for failure. I don't know about you but I for one am not in the Failure fan club membership...therefor my attendance to their meetings are limited. If I fail at some thing, for instance today at speed work....I'll break down factors that lead to my perish...hoping to not revisit again. Alas we will return at some point but holding up a certain set of standards for oneself with help limit the visits. So what do you do be accountable for your day to day successes? At work? At play? At fitness? At nutrition? Do you have high standards set for day to day life? If not you should, you're only selling yourself short.

Recently I was challenged with a "dare to dream". Hmmmm.....I had to think on this one for a bit. Upon doing so I came across melancholy feeling. What a sad existence, for I do not dream. I do not dream at night, well I can't recollect my dreams that is. I don't day dream as well. I was raised to live among my means. That doesn't mean I don't my sights set out beyond the sky. I have a path to reach those but I don't dream about the what if's that could come along the way. If things happen they happen, there's no reason to get caught up on things that may never. I view myself as a realistic....at times an optimist but never a pessimist.

2009 Race Schedule
Panic attack. Everyone appears to already have their 09 race schedule done. Am I dead last? All I have down is my IM Canada and HIM Wildflower. I have no clue what I'm going to do for the rest of the season. I guess I need to do a little research this weekend. Any suggested races?

Major score for me today. Upon getting fitted for the Orbea Ora I noticed that the Bike Gallery had mis marked their GU Roctane. It was listed at the same price as the regular GUs. I asked the manager if this was an error which obviously it was and he said since it was advertised at that price I should take advantage of it.....as he took down the pricing. So I pilled up on12 packets of GU Roctane for $1.20 a piece, more then 1/2 off, Woot! Woot! Too bad they didn't have the Ora in my size. She's a pretty bike.

2 comments:

JC said...

Oliver 1/2 Ironman - that's my suggestion and Vancouver full marathon!!!! Both will be FANTASTIC!!! Nice deal on the bike!! Woohoo!!!

Kit Kat said...

I didn't get any kind of deal on the bike...I only went to check it out. I got a deal on the Roctane