Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving day lsd run

Hit up WIldwood this morning for an 80 min run alone through the forrest. It was such a peaceful and beautiful morning, it was a nice time to reflect on life and everything I am thankful for. I was thrilled to have Don and Alana join me for another 90 minutes, having good company really makes the time fly by. 2hrs and 50 minutes later I was done and had run 17.5 miles....longest run for me in awhile. My legs felt good, especially good considering I rolled my left ankle 3 times and my right once, but hey, it was trail run that I didn't fall on my face, which is always a good thing. Energy was high until the mile 15 but PowerGel quickly came to my aid. Odd thing, when I finished running and took off my gloves I noticed my left hand was puffed up like a vienna sausage....an hour and a half later and I still have sausage fingers, they hurt too. I'm not sure what happened, I wore gloves so I don't think I came into connect with anything....and no other part of my body is swollen. Oh well, hopefully it will go away soon. My abs hurt really bad...this is my DOMS from cross fit. What sucks even more is that I am still sick and go into these coughing fits... every time I cough it feels like someone is punching me in the gut, it hurts :(

I've worked up a killer appetite, it's time to spend time with good friends and family....and to get my gluttony on :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

Very nice pace, that's moving along!

And good idea for a long-run pre-turkey day. I just starved myself the day before...oddly effective yet not too ideal.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!