Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

alas...I am complete again. Tonight I completed the painting, everything is unpacked, uncluttered, clean and in place. I even had time to ignite my first fire and finish cooking a chicken and brown rice soup. I feel whole again, this is a very good feeling.

Let me disclose a little secret. At work I have fallen in love.... ..... with 2 things at one time. First off is the espresso machine. Everyday I walk into work and am greeted with the rich bold aroma of freshly brewed espresso. The complex elixir comforts my pallet and soothes my insides, jacking me up for a quarter of my day. I am truly spoiled with this little device and am known for returning for seconds and possibly thirds. I've tried to conceive some kind of device to insert to in my bloodstream but with the pressure build up from brewing I'm afraid I'll blow a vein... are there any volunteers willing to test my idea? The other appliance I am head over heels with is the toaster oven. Whoever created this magnificent machine should get a frickening medal. They make the perfect grilled sandwiches, quesadillas, pizzas. Not to mention toasted cheese over soups. I'm so with the grilled cheese comfort. Have I mentioned how awesome my boss is for having these appliances available? Do I have to choose which I love more? Can I have my grilled cheese and caffeine of the Gods as well? Fo shizzle.

It's time to start building my base power season. I need to build a 1-2 month training schedule to focus on cycling power, track drills, 800m, 1600m & hill run repeats. I need to hook up with a few bad ass swimmers and get my stroke corrected before yardage picks up. I'm also planning on doing some crazy kind of cross fit in the park one night a week. That should provide some good, dirty, knock me on my ass fun. I'm excited and looking forward to the next few weeks. It's going to be hard to fill the missing space in my heart for the endurance I've come to comfort and love but then again. I'm the sick and I am lusting for the pain from anaerobic threshold. There will be vomit involved in the next few weeks....and it will not be alcohol induced.

Tomorrow I get to do a 20 min time trial run for pacing purposes. This should be interesting since I haven't done jack shit in over a week and a half. I've got a new pair of CW-X compression tights I'm excited to rock. We'll see if they work as well as they advertise.

3 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

Girl, I read you and you are another cool soul twin of mine. Cheese and espresso.....bliss. Pure bliss.

;-) hehehehe
K

Unknown said...

Well you had me fooled. I thought you were going to talk about a man. Women and their love of cheese!!

Rainmaker said...

Mmm...grilled cheese. :)

I almost made grilled cheese today, and then just made a boring plain sandwhich.

Welcome home!