Friday, January 2, 2009

Becoming an Iron(WO)man

Happy 2009!

It is now time for me to start my official training. *le* sigh....
My self discipline has been weak for a few months now. I know letting yourself go is needed but getting it back is more difficult then one might think. Today I conquered temptation....Me = 1, Slice of apple pie = 0. A whole bunch of friends are going out tonight. I REALLY want to go...BUT know if I do I will have at least one drink and stay out too late, so I will stay home alone tonight and take care of somethings around the house. Tomorrow I should be well rested and be able to get a very long productive spin in. It's really hard missing out :( but I know in the end it will be worth it.

Morning swim

500 warm up

Drills
1 x 200 paddles
1 x 100 fins ( I had to discard the fins after the 100, my wound on my ankle is still very fresh and the fins were making the pain a lot worse)
1 x 200 paddles
3 x 100; 25 a-ok, 25 fist, 25 karate, 25 free; rest 15
2 x 50; skully 25 down, freestyle back
2 x 50; one arm catch up
2 x 50; water flip with hand
2 x 50; blackline

Main Set
1 x 500; breathing every 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, stroke per 100; rest 30
repeat 1 x

1 x 300 breathing every 3,5,3 stroke per 100.

Total yardage = 3,000

This workout was difficult. I had good power throughout the swim, fatigue caught up to me by mid afternoon. I feel much more strong and efficient with bi-lateral breathing, I'm going to continue to work on this area.

No comments: