Thursday, January 29, 2009

Brickin it in company!

Power Building 60 minute Spin - at the gym no wattage meter
The point of doing this at the gym had two folds, one to workout with my badass friend Alana at 5:30am and the other to try to get my HR up to my anaerobic threshold out of the saddle since I am unable to climb out of the saddle on the trainer. Why can't I get out of the saddle on the trainer is a mystery to me, all I know is that when I have tried I have just about tipped the bike and myself over = no fun.

** 10 min warm up – high cadence easy on spin
*Intervals out of saddle. 1:30 anaerobic threshold training, 60 recover in saddle; X 4 (HR- 183-187) - (failure - I was not able to maintain 183+ . I was barely able to hit 183, I held each interval between 175-183 for 2 minutes before I accepted failure, I just didn't have the muscle to increase the HR)
**1 min recovery
*Sprints – In saddle
20, ;30 sec recovery,
30, ;30 sec recovery,
40, ;30 sec recovery,
50, ;30 sec recovery,
60, ;30 sec recovery,
50, ;30 sec recovery, (bloody hell my quads hurt!!!!)
40, ;30 sec recovery,
30, ;30 sec recovery,
20; 30 sec recovery,
**3 min recovery
*One leg training
Right leg high cadence…med. resistance 1:00
Left leg high cadence…med. resistance 1:00 (really? am I still doing this? Alana confirmed we were)
Repeat 2 x
**2 min recovery
*Intervals out of saddle. 1:30 anaerobic threshold training, 60 recover in saddle; X 4 (HR- 183-187)
failure - I was not able to maintain 183+ . I maxed at 183, I held each interval between 180-183 for 90 sec - 2 mins
**2 min recovery
*Sprints – in saddle
20, ;30 sec recovery,
30, ;30 sec recovery,
40, ;30 sec recovery,
50, ;30 sec recovery, (I think my legs have now disowned me)
60, ;30 sec recovery,
50, ;30 sec recovery,
40, ;30 sec recovery,
30, ;30 sec recovery,
20; 30 sec recovery,
**2 min cool down recovery

3 mile run on treadmill; 8:10 pace... My legs were shot from the spin, quad pain was intense...surprisingly the run felt really good and comfortable.

Recap on the failure. I don't believe in excuses. I KNOW I can accomplish this workout, I did it last year, it has been done and therefore can be achieved again. I do believe my run/speed work yesterday had an effect on my muscular strength today, blah....just an "in yo face!" reminder that I can either work on power on the run or bike, over doing it on both doesn't do any good, just prohibits peaking. Sleep sucked ass as I heard my neighbor banging on the walls for 4 hours. WTF? They must have been doing something wild over there because they I stayed awake even after taking my sleep medicine. F^%$sticks...

Props to Alana for getting up waaaaaay before dawn and dropping a lung on the spin floor, you rock hun!

No comments: