Saturday, December 13, 2008

Training made easy...

Well not really but it's sure a lot less difficult when your blood is not polluted with alcohol. This week has been the first week oh in probably 6-8 that I haven't had a drink all week or got drunk during the weekend. During my training seasona a drink is rare but since I've been on the off season I had to make up for a lot of lost time :) Anywho, my power on the bike and run this week have shown decent numbers (it's been a long time), and this is off of a lot of stress and fatigue. Reflecting back on my daily training and stress log I can see what the pro's and con's of my training....er off season.
1. Not documenting nutrition - HUGE PRO. I'm a walking nutritional encyclopedia and at any given moment can list off the calories (energy) in most food (fuel) and the macros. This will happen after documenting your nutrition for 3 years....has it really been that long? I know what works and what doesn't work for my body. I also know that I can't document 3-4k kcal, well I can, I've done it but honestly I don't like thinking I consume that much fuel...and in result have fell too short too many times on long workouts = not a good thing.. I know I need the kcals but there's something that makes me feel like a pig when I look at 500-600g of carbs. It's been a month since I stopped documenting and I can feel the energy in my workouts. At last!
2. One glass of alcohol makes a difference on my performance and recovery. This sucks major tail, but it is what it is and not much I can do about it but not drink. Luckily this is not much of a problem for me since I cut alcohol down to one glass or two a month last season. I'm not really a lush....I just pretend to be for a month or two.

Morning swim

500 warm up

Drills
1 x 100 - A-ok; 10 sec rest
1 x 100 - fist pulls; 10 sec rest
1 x 100 -scully down 25; freeback - repeat; 10 sec rest
1 x 100 - flip water when hand is exiting the water (ensures a full end to the stroke, I have a tendency to pull out (ahahaha!) too early)
1 x 100 - karate; 10 sec rest

2 x 150; fins; 45 sec rest
1 x 200 paddles; 30 sec rest

Main Swim
1 x 1000; every 200 change breathing and speed starting with 3 strokes, 4, 5, 4, 3.

1 x 200 cool down.

Total yardage 2,700

I then went over to Michele and Johan's for a 2 hour trainer session and watch IM Kona World Championship. Can I just say Chrissy Wellington is BADASS?! There I said it.

My avg wattage again was up 10-15 watts at 155 and my HR avg was 154. This was the longest trainer ride I have done thus far....I guess it helps to be riding nowhere with good company :)

Now, it's time for a little nap. Then I'm going to meet up with some very special friends to dance my legs off and drink until I can't feel my face :D Hey, it's still my off season and I have a little Bday celebrating to do.

No comments: