Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today was a good day

AM Spin - mildly entertained by a couple episodes of Lost.
90 mins - 6 x 10 min big ring intervals
15 min warm up
Tempo 10 mins @ 55-60 rpm 190 watts
Floats 2 mins @ 85-90 rpm 130-145 watts
5 min cool down

Norm avg watts 177/ Max watts 233
Avg HR / Max HR 171

After two alcoholic beverages the night before my watts were 5-10 lower on tempo then normal. If I really wanted to hit 200 on the tempo's I could have. I would have suffered a bit more, with tomorrow being my first track/drill day in ages I decided not to push my luck. Intervals felt challenging but good. I'll need to start doing more of them.

Evening swim - 5 x 500s ladder; ;60
1-8:45
2-8:20
3-7:55
4-8:15
5-8:40

Total yardage - 2500
Another great swim. I unwound with a 15 minute sauna and a 10 minute soak in the hot tub. My muscles feel fab-U-lous.

Today was one of those day. I wish I could capture it and bottle it up in a snow globe. Nothing "special" per say. Went about my daily happenings - spin, eat, bike commute, eat, work, eat, work, pot lock!, work, eat, bike commute, eat, swim, eat. You know, the norm. As I was driving home I felt like melting into my heated seats, I was in bliss. I'm not sure what promoted the rush of emotion but I am overly happy, happy and thankful. I may live my life in solitude but I am never alone. I have some really amazing friendships and I am so grateful for that. I am probably one of the luckiest girls on earth and I owe it all to my friends, boss/co-wrokers and my wonderful mother. You all complete me and I thank you for that.

Enough with all the sap, I'll leave it like my homie Ice Cube would say "Today Was A Good Day"

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good song. Personal favorite! =)