Monday, September 7, 2009

I <3 the off season

I was right about Salsa dancing - my legs & feet got worked.

I want to know who created the "high heel"? I swear it was developed in the medieval times as a torture device. I was able to dance for 10-15 minutes at a time, would work up a good sweat and then need to sit back down. The problem with sitting down is that someone would immediately come up and ask for a dance. I felt bad for saying no but I was freaking tired and don't have Salsa dancing endurance. The whole evening was a good time for all. I got to see some of my long lost girlfriends - miss you girls, muah! Eat yummy chiveche, drink a margarita or two...and then make a complete ass of myself on the dance floor. Ha! One of the senior's I was dancing with kept scolding me. He was a really good dancer. He'd spin me, throw me and somehow keep me in complete control. It amazes me that I didn't ever end up spinning into the wall. Anywho, back to scolding. Homboy would raise up his finger and say in a latino soap opera accent "No, that is not right!" Hehe. Then he'd correct me as in "shoulders, back" or "keep eye contact, never look away" (they he'd do this hand eye contact thing!)...."let me lead! I am the man!" LMFAO, every time he'd correct me I'd giggle. Then he'd say - "Salsa is about dancing sexy, and you're beautiful but very silly, work on being sexy." Again, this made me laugh. I couldn't keep it together. Once I turned into the typical Kat-like sweating machine he'd give me a break. I apologized and pulled out the IM card. The dancing was making my calves, quads and hips sore, at least I had valid excuse. Turns out the guy had run a couple marathons in his day so he was understanding....he advised on a fuel up with GU and said he'd be back for more. A few hours in and I called it a night. Must return home before my car turns into a pumpkin.

Sunday -
Slept in again!
Tried to work on my domestication and clean up the house a bit - blah

It was raining for most of the day so I took my bike back to the trainer our love was rekindled.
75 min Z2 spin
Max watts 177/ Avg watts 139
I think I was able to squeeze in a nice power nap on the trainer as well :)

Finished the evening off with a few inspiring "fruitcakes" and one amazing cookie - Thank Sheryl!

Monday -
Oh Holidays!
Another example of how much I love my career- I decided to go into the office and work a few hours. It helped keep my mind off of training, kept my recovery in check and made me feel a little more productive.

65 min LSD run on muddy Wildwood in the rain, LOVE it!

Afternoon Swim

Warm up 1 x 500

Drills
1 x 200 - 50 a-ok/50 fist/ 50 karate/ 50 sprint
2 x 25 - kickboard
4 x 50 - 25 one arm catch up/25 return high elbow finger drag
1 x 150 - paddles
2 x 25 kickboard
1 x 150 paddles
2 x 100 - sprints

Cool down - 1 x 250
Total yardage = 1750

Swim felt really good on my body. My goggles decided they wanted to torture me by slowly leaking water. So fricking annoying. I had intended to swim longer as I felt really good but my eyes on the other hand didn't. I figured this was a sign telling me enough was enough. So I cut it short and sat in the sauna for 15 minutes.

That's all folks!

PS - I think someone is finding away into my head.....not sure what to do about that.

No comments: