Sunday, July 13, 2008

Redemption…in a small form or another.

Sunday 2 ½ hour LSD run

Before I went to bed I drank some pickle juice and had a bottle of water by my nightstand. I set up phone alarm to off every 45 minutes to drink some. One would think this would interrupt sleep and be annoying but in all actuality it worked just fine. It also made it possible to txt a friend well wishes with a 3 hour time difference.

As I start the day I’m still dehydrated. Urinating is not happening as I thought it should, although I was able to put the 2 lbs I lost back on. I think this was purely from my over indulgence of food last night, which was btw, oh so yummy. I spent the first 3 hours of the morning trying to hydrate and get some of my weekly cooking in.
I met Kyle and Carly are the Wildwood trail around 11am. The planned workout was to do a 2 ½ hour LSD run in the heat. The weather temps where 80-90 when we started running, but we did have the advantage on running in the forest, so it was probably more like 75-80 with the shade. The gained outcome was to acclimate to running in the heat and to work on agility and endurance on the trail; all of this was achieved. Kyle had to drop off about 4 miles out which just left Carly and I. It was really great to run with her. We are so a like in so many ways, yet different as well. She makes a great running partner. We come to 1hr 15 and we have covered 7 miles; time to turn around. At which point we meet up with Devin and his friend; we all run back together. The run was successful. With the help of Carly I was able to manage my pace well. We ended our run right at 2 ½ hours, which was good considering how hilly the terrain was. I was VERY surprised at how good the run felt. My legs were loose and I never felt a tired bonking feeling. I managed nutrition and worked my hydration well. I was thirsty when we came to the finish but much better of then what I thought I’d be. Before starting the run I had actually thought I may pass out on the trail….good thing that didn’t happen. I thought I had to pee, which made me excited until I tried and not much ended up coming out. Ugh, this is so frustrating….and it makes my insides feel icky. I weighed myself when I got home and I was down another .8 lb. I’m going to spend the rest of the day eating and drinking a ton of h2o while taking in some Pedialyte. Maybe I can get my mom to meet me for sushi.

No comments: