Thursday, July 10, 2008

Climbing on fatigue & heat

Wednesday evening - Part 2

22 mile ride along the West Hills with the PDX Tri club followed up with an easy 10 min run.
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...land/255811765
click on elevation to see the climbs.

This was semi challenging and I think for a number of reasons. My lymph nodes are still swollen, sleep was poor the night before, weather was in the 80's, legs were tired from the 1600 repeats the day before, testing out new nutrition and tackled a hill that is difficult non the less.

What I took from this ride -
*I HATE when boys pass me, more importantly I HATE this climbing a steep hill. WTF????????
*My lip still hurts and I really want to sue Starbucks
*Carbo Pro does NOT work for me. Easy on the GI my ass, it invoked my lovely acid reflux, ick & ouch!
*Glad to have a new friend to ride and train for the Hulaman HIM with. Leslie you kicked ass last night!
*Only true competitive triathletes brag about peeing on the bike.
*I'm still fearful of descending around corners and my breaks were making really loud squealing sounds. I checked everything out and it appeared ok. Thinking they might just need to be cleaned, so Friday night Cadence will get a bath and a lub job. (This would be hot if I was talking about a man.)
*I woke up throughout the night with restless leg syndrome. The last few days I've had some difficult but good workouts, they're starting to catch up and **** with my sleep. I'm going to rest tomorrow to go into the big weekend.
*Running after biking has become second nature.

No comments: