Friday, July 11, 2008

More training.....

Thursday

Lunch time - 1 hour Pilates
I missed class last week since Tracy (instructor) wasn't there, she sure made up for the lost workout this week. My abs/ribs feel brusied today (friday) thanks! Good to see my friend Laura at class

Evening -

The plan was to do a tempo run....but then I was seduced by the soft green grass and cooling shade. Who wants to run a tempo in the heat anyway? I haven't been feeling well, still fighting off this cold and my legs are fatigued from the previous days work. I heard Seth in the back of my head, "You want quality workouts and rest when needed", then I heard Scott, "No reason to do junk miles". So I opted to read, and txt until the lifeguards were off duty so that we could start swimming.

Open water swim at Klineline - QUALITY WORKOUT
felt great! I did 4 loops around the lake, 44 mins (stopping and adjusting after each loop, had some chaffing around my neck and underarm, ouch!) , somewhere around 2000-2400 meters. Got a side stitch on loop 2, that sucked, never had one swimming before, it hurt.


Friday
Was supposed to be a rest day, but I woke up at 4:45am energized. I am not one to let anything go to waste so I put on my running shoes and hit my tempo run. 6.15 miles, 10 min warm up, 5 min stretch, 5 min run, 10 min tempo interval (HR Z3 178-182), 5 min recovery run, 10 min tempo run (HR Z3-Z4 180-185), 15 min cool down run....lol not sure how much of a cool down it was, took FOREVER to get my HR back down.
QUALITY WORKOUT

*Snot rockets did not work for me this morning - I arrived at home glazed in snot, hot, I know.
*It is a bit of a challenge to go fast 15 mins after jumping out of bed, really weird feeling.
*IMO there is no better way to start the day then with a high energy run. It was absolutely beautiful this morning. Started as light was just peaking through, the air was crisp...raced the sun rising
*I was attacked by a sticker bush, it jumped out of nowhere!
*6 am and my training is done for the day. Now I get to eat all day to prep for the long training tomorrow.

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

No comments: