Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tired.....oh so tired

AM swim
8 x 500's - 9:01, 9:02, 9:08, 9:12 (WTF?!), 9:12, 8:52, 8:34, 8:35

Now as you can see my first 5 were slooooooow. I wasn't really clear why they were so slow. I was focusing on body position and stroke form, I think I just had no "go". Well 1/2 way through my 5th set Mr. Speedo struts in. Yes, this is the same Mr. Speedo I was goggling over 2 weeks ago. Maybe he's a Thursday morning swimmer. I'm going change my schedule to Thursday AM swims because homeboy was pure motivation. Not only was he gorgeous to look at but he invoked some kind of competitive spark. I wasn't going to allow Mr. Speedo to beat me....even if I was already 2500+ yards into my swim. So what did I do? I decided to kick. Ha! Ha! I realized up until this point I hadn't really kicked....my legs were tired from last night, plus triathlete's don't really kick when they swim. But for training I should really kick, and KICK I did. I cut almost ;45 off of my 500s - and that was at the end of my set!

I grew tired as the day grew longer

Evening Trail Run - 60 mins 6.3 miles
This run was hard. I was tired....I am tired. 20 mins in I got really dizzy and experienced massive vertigo and not the fun roller coaster kind. My GI hates me and decided to show how much by shooting stomach acid up my throat throughout the entire run! If that wasn't bad enough my lower tummy had me hurled over a few times from stupid girl pains, WTF?! I'm glad I stuck it out ran through all of this crap-o-la, in the end I believe it helped my mental toughness. Or I'm just telling myself that to try to make me feel better.

I'm ready to fall on my face, must sleep soon.

No comments: