Saturday, July 4, 2009

LSD on Wildwood

3 hour LSD run on the Wildwood Trail - 17.75 miles a tad bit over 10 min miles avg'ing a 147 HR :)

*Started the run early - 7am to beat the heat. It's going to be another mid 90's scorcher today and I had enough "heat" training yesterday. I started the run mid 60s and ended mid 80s. Luckily the shading in the forest keeps the temp down 5-10 degrees
*Consumed 1550mg of sodium and 48 oz of water, I have realized that sodium is my bff while training-unlike a man a can't seem to get enough of it. 300 kcal in GU (2 of with were Roctane - I <3 my Roctane!), I did eat a sizable breakfast an hour before running.
*I've found I highly enjoy running long without music. 3 hours is a lot of time to think about things and with a lot of things on mind I find it therapeutic.
*I was waiting for the run to get hard. I figured by mile 15 or so I'd have some kind of pain....in my feet, or my back, or my legs (especially after all the climbing yesterday) or massive fatigue, but I didn't. I felt as good at mile 17.75 as I did at mile 1. I managed nutrition/hydration and intensity very well.
*On the way home I picked up 28lbs of ice and indulged in another 15 minute ice bath. My legs felt fine but I almost always get DOMS, prevention is key.

Now it's time for a nap. I hope later I can find some pool to pass out at.

No comments: