Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Random Musings

*Luckily for me Godzilla and Transformers moved into the apartment above me. Throughout the night they took down Tokyo and quite possibly my bedroom which landed me an hour maybe two of solid sleep. Most of the day was spent with my coffee cup glued to my hand.

*I get paid to shop all day - shop for my passion - triathlon. Isn't this what living the dream is all about?

*Great food pairings are like great friends

Bratwurst & mustard -Mmmm mustard. Any kind will do but my personal favs are Honey-Dijon, sweet/hot, ground mustard seed, good 'ol Franz yellow mustard. Am I missing out on any others?

Cantaloupe & Prosciutto - Served cold with the prosciutto wrapped around the melon.

Bacon Vodka (yes that is correct) & Jalapeño Vodka & V8
Ok, so the pairing has now become three's a company. These 3 make the BEST bloody mary.

Peanut Butter & Whole Grain Pasta
Ok, I drizzle agave nectar on it too....so yummy!

Chocolate Chip cookies & Milk -
Does that need an explanation?

Wasabi & Soy Sauce -
Together I could probably eat this on anything - ooo pizza would be good!

Dark Chocolate & Espresso beans
Endorphins + caffeine

Jalapeño Jelly & Toast
A lot of spicy, a little sweet and some whole grain goodness - kind of like me!

M & M's
Hehe, had to throw that out there, couldn't resist.

I'm hungry, yet again.

And now for actual training
Evening Bike Ride - Marine Drive 25 miles - easy
Max watts 292/ Norm avg watts 145/ avg watts 137
Max HR 164/ Avg HR 137

1 comment:

ironwill said...

ooooohhhh...my weakness...M&M's...:)