Thursday, January 14, 2010

There can be no rainbow without a cloud and a storm.

I awoke 45 mins before my alarm to my room mates "accidental" alarm. Agh! Since I'm a light sleeper there was no sense in tri'ing to go back to sleep. So I made her tail get up with me :) Luv ya Jesse

AM Spin 90 mins
15 min warm up
4 x 1:00 on legged drills
10-13 min moderate spin (avg watts 150)
repeat 4x
10 min cool down

Started with an empty tummy and took in 1 GU during spin. Power wasn't great but wasn't poor neither. Tummy stayed quiet thanks to some Chocolate Outage 45 mins in. Seriously, that stuff tastes like chocolate frosting. Thanks for the company during the spin Jesse, we should have these morning dates more often.

Started the day off excited and giddy, one more day!
After work I received some more than disappointing news. I was looking forward to swimming and escaping reality.

Evening Swim
Warm up
1 x 500 easy

Drills
1 x 100 single arm - 12x left, 12x right, 12 x full stroke, rest 0:15
2 x 100 free catch up, rest 0:15
repeat 2x

Main Set
5 x 200 leave on 4:00; rest determined on landing time
3 x 200 leave on 3:55; rest determined on landing time
2 x 200 leave on 3:50; rest determined on landing time

I think these intervals were set too slow as I felt my rests lasted too long. I landed each on between 3:15-3:20, which allowed a 40-45 sec rest which dropped my HR to what felt like a standstill.

Cool down
2 x 50 on back dolphin kick; rest 0:20 - core building - ouch!
1 x 100 easy

Total yardage - 3300

On the drive home I was faced with reality and turned melancholy. I need to think about things. What I want in my future and how I deal with disappointment. Life happens and I need to be able to stay positive when the storm rolls in.

No comments: