Thursday, January 7, 2010

Milk, it does a body good...lol

Swimming in milk.....that's what the 24hr Fitness pool looked like this morning. I think it's the first time I can recall that I hesitated getting in the water. Once I was in I almost jumped right out. I couldn't see my hand pull down in front of me, the center black line or the X to flip turn at the end of the pool. In fact I ran into the wall not one but three times! And that was not from fatigue. Homeboy in my lane swam into my stomach as I was chillin on a rest break. The only reason I continued on ward was the hope of growing a third eye on an extra limb. Come on now, you know ya all want one too! :P

1 x 500 warm up

Unstructured workout -

1 x 50 - A-ok; 10
1 x 50 - fist; 10 1 x 50 - 10 kick stroke; 10
1 x 50 - one arm catch up
1 x 50 - free sprint; 10
repeat 1 x

4 x 50 counting strokes; 20 - 42,38,36,35

4 x 200 w/paddles- steady; 30

1 x 500 steady

Cool down 1 x 200 easy

Total yardage 2700

From Spinal Tap - Turn it up to Eleven - that pretty much sums the chaos of my day. Go-go-go-go-go!

PM Spin 60 mins
Spun steady avg'ing 160-170 watts w/ 2 x ;90 one legged avg 75-79 watts drills every 15 mins. totaling 6 by ;90

Immediatly I found my right leg is favored as my left struggled. Upon each set my avg watts for the next 10-15 minutes felt easier and soared higher. The single legged drills hurt but made spinning with both legs much easier. These are something I need to do more often.
The new found spinning energy may have come from the radioactive milk bath from this morning, I am rockin' a wicked glow :)

No comments: