Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life is not so much a matter of position as of disposition.

Ahhhh, I love recovery week :) So much that I did not want to get out of my snugly bed and go for my morning run. Lack of motivation with moi is not a good sign. I knew once I got out on the dark open road, everything would be ok....and it was.

6.7 miles on rolling hills / 7:50 avg

This was an interesting run, as my PE was UBER easy. Not once did I push myself. I just told myself "It's recovery week, enjoy the easy run....next training phase will hand you your ass, take it easy while you can. Your body will love you for it." So I took it easy, whenever I felt a tad bit of difficulty I backed off. When I got home I was a little taken back at A.my pace and B.my heart rate. My pace was much quicker than I had perceived. Here I thought I was rolling 9:30s and I was sub 8. Avg HR was 168 with a peak of 188. WTF?! I know what 188 feels like and can't imagine hitting it that hard, let alone holding a 168 avg. Feedback given on the HR was a sign of built of fatigue. This is very likely as I experienced painful DOMS in my lats yesterday and I am holding my head above water at work. 'Tis the tri season, right? Anywho....spinning easy tomorrow morning. Hopefully the HR will go down.

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I love recovery week too, mines next week, I hope!!! My coach has been on a tear lately.