Saturday, January 9, 2010

At Last....



At last.... I took Carnage for a ride...OUTDOORS! Thank you Sue and Don!
At last.... I'm surrounded by like-minded training buddies
At last.... I have found a man, whom I'm fond of
At last.... I feel I am among my own, and no longer like an alien species :)

Saturday workout - 2 hr ride - easy/3 mile run

Couldn't have asked for a better day in January to ride. Temps were in the mid 40s maybe even low 50s and not a drip of Oregon sunshine. I was accompanied by two awesome triathletes who I could learn a lot from. Not only are they knowledgeable but they're uber nice, goal oriented and have some pretty great stories to share.

T2 was in the living room, I quickly made my way out for the run. Legs felt good and my energy was high so I ran with it. Speaking of running, I ran by my room mate Jesse. I was coming in, she was heading out for her first LSD run on of her marathon training. This made me smile. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by so many "aliens". Hehe :)
Finished 3.2 in 24:20 - 7:40 avg. I love running off of the bike.

Since I'm on the topic of LOVE, I love training weekends - Training, recovery and cooking/eating lots 'o food. Thus far I've made Dish 1 - Caribbean chicken thighs over sweet potatoes and black beans with cumin brown rice mixed with corn and cilantro . Dish 2 I'll start tonight - Turkey chili and sweet cornbread. Thinking dish three will be a yogurt pasta dish - but that's still up in the air.

The only thing this day is missing is my baby by my side. Alas, next weekend. Happy Birthday Robert!

No comments: