Monday, March 30, 2009

Not enough hours in the day

Saturday - 2.5 hour spin
Followed up by Thanksgiving in March, which lead to drinking so much I couldn't feel my face.

Sunday - alcohol induced rest/recovery day. I didn't hold food down until noon, this was NOT ok. I am truly blessed to have the friends that I have....breakfast in bed, cozy fake fur bed cover, pedalite, pepto bismo, pizza. I couldn't have asked for better care.

Monday morning - 90 min aqua run - easy
I got a few comments about the GU and Pepto Bissmo sitting at the end of the pool. 90 mins of aqua running is hard on the body, I always feel like I have been thrown up against the wall. It amazes me how much of a workout it is on the core, arms, back and quads.....swim will hurt tonight

Monday evening tri club swim

Warm-Up
500

Drill Set
10 x 50 y
Odds – 1,3,5,7,9 -- Kicking one arm extended the other at the side, switch sides on the 25.
Evens – 2,4,6,8,10 -- Catch-up freestyle.

Main Set: Aerobic Ladder
500 (R: 50 sec)
400 (R: 40 sec)
300 (R: 30 sec)
200 (R: 20 sec)
100

Cool-Down
4x25 Form sprints (R:30 sec), then 200 easy swim.

Total yardage = 2800

Surprisingly swim did not hurt, I came upon new found energy and attacked. Swim felt good.

Yogi sleepy time awaits me

No comments: