Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And I leave with a smile

from my ART appointment...this is better then walking out in tears from last week's visit.

My PT thinks I'm healing well. Full mobility is back. My pain threshold was tested....but there wasn't any pain :) and if it was present it reached maybe a 4 on a 1-10 threshold ranking. Yay! I have been given the ok to test running. By test he means run a bit, walk a bit, run a bit walk a bit, nothing more then a mile or two to start. Shit, at this point I'll take anything I can get. I'm excited to start running again yet I'm fearful at the same time. I don't want to push myself too fast, too soon and if you know me.....well that's exactly what happens. I'm going to see if maybe I can get a friend to join me for my first few attempts. It's sad but I kind of need someone to tell me "when". I'll going to continue the aqua run and throw my mile or two land attempts in after or before. Baby steps, all in due time I suppose.

No comments: