Sunday, February 28, 2010

What goes up must come down.

Sunday Ride - 45 miles - 3200+ of elevation gain


4 hill repeats
Springville - 13 mins /190w avg Z4 - nice, constant and steady
McNamie aka mother***** - 21 mins/ 181w avg Z4 - when 2 out of 4 of the riders curse going up you know you've chosen a good hill. Although I did FEEL BAD as this was Sue's recovery ride.
Old Germantown Rd - 12 mins / 181w avg Z4 - this hill is always a creeper...Dean found this out as he had "issues" steering up a hill.
Thompson - 11 mins / 187w avg Z4...the last 400 meter climb is a BEOTCH

Got a good amount of climbing in today but more importantly I think I have made progressive improvement in my descending. Don and Sue took me under their wing and gave me pointers throughout the ride. I descended down Newberry 5 -8 mph faster than my norm! The best part was that I felt less less scared doing so. Continual practice will make perfect. My thighs on the other hand are now screaming (and not in a good way!) from clenching on to the darn saddle so much. I feel like I've been doing a thigh master all day!

Sue brought along Flat Stanley for the adventure - the picture was taken at the top of climb #1 - Springville


My buddy Dean had his longest bike ride today. My roommate Jesse had her longest run. Somewhere in the middle I faced a very difficult fear. And a cherry on top the Sunday - at happy hour a she-man hit on Jesse's friend Heather and our waiter hooked us up! Cream puffs on the house! Lol, today was an adventurous, good day. I wouldn't change my life for the world.

"Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are."

1 comment:

Warrior said...

Sounds really good, well done, delighted for you.