Saturday, February 27, 2010

Amongst good company

AM Run - Leif Erickson 10 miles/ 1:21/ 8:05 avg
I had the pleasure of running with Sue, Don and Rufio this morning. Having friends by your side (or in my case in front on me :)) is a nice security blanket when "babying" a reoccurring pain in the foot/heel. Leif was absolutely gorgeous today. The bright sun was out and shinning through the forest. How could this run not be anything but grand?
I took the first half up moderately easy. It was moderately from a muscular standpoint I was never taxed. Cardiovascular happens to be another story. My HR was high, yet again :(. Allergies, medicine and the end of a hard 2 week build week will do that to ya. I decided to just "run" with it, if you will. At the 5 mile turn around point my heel/foot/calf felt ok, so I decided to throw an interval or two in. I took the next mile comfortable and then kicked up my pace for mile 7. Took mile 8 easy and then hit it hard for the last 2 miles. Every time I kicked up the pace Rufio would come running along by my side. He appeared to run so effortlessly as I was pushing my limits. How was this little puggle running this fast!? I finished feeling accomplised. My heel was a little annoyed at the end. It simmered down with a nice, cold ice pack and some vitamin I. As a reward for pushing my pace I let Rufio lick my empty yogurt cup :)

Post run Sue made us a delightful veggie omelets for recovery and Don shared his special honey comb honey and natural PB. Mmmmm, PB. Don then took the next hour or so fixing all the quirks on my road bike. I took lots of notes. Sue gave me her old aero bars. Yay! My TT will be out of commission until I figure out what's wrong with my power tab hub. I'm really happy to have aeros on my road bike; it's a comfort zone for me....aero bars and power.

Thanks Sue and Don for the great company, great food, GU and all the help! Can I be adopted?

My allergies kicked into high gear by mid day and fatigue started to set it.
This called for a 30 min power nap!

PM Swim - I was lucky enough to get my buddy Joe to join me for evening swim

Warm up
1 x 500

Drills
1 x 200 - 50 A-ok, 50 fist, 50 finger drag, 50 catch up; :20 rest
1 x 100
1 x 200 - 50 A-ok, 50 fist, 50 finger drag, 50 catch up; :20 rest
1 x 100

Main Set
5 x 50 land on :50/ :10 rest - 46, 47, 47, 48, 47
4 x 100 land on 1:40 / :20 rest - 1:36, 1:37, 1:37, 1:36
2 x 200 land on 3:30/ :30 rest - 3:14, 3:15
5 x 50 land on :50/ :10 rest - :47, 48, :46, :47, :49

Cool down
1 x 100 easy
2 x 50 on back dolphin kick

Total yardage 2600

I don't know where the **** my energy in the water came from tonight. My form felt point on and I never felt fatigued during the swim. Post swim we both got sushified. Mmmmmmm sushi.

I am really thankful to have such great training buddies. Here's to tomorrow!

No comments: