Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sanity is escaping

Taper day 6 of 13....

Friday night was Carly's Bday and we celebrated it with watching the opening Olympics. Kyle made an incredible grilled pork loin and veggies which was followed up with not one, not two, not three, but four slices of cake! What? I had to try them all! They were small slices :) Chocolate with vanilla frosting, chocolate with chocolate frosting, Kyle's (Carly's Bday) velvet cake and lemon cheesecake. Let's also throw in 2-3 glasses of wine, hershey kisses (have to get kisses from somewhere!) and rejected jelly bellies....which all hurt my belly by bed time. Opening Olympics were phenomenal. Did you guys catch that massive LCD screen? Incredible. My favorite was the sideways dancers on the globe...the flying girl with the kite was pretty cool too!

Saturday - 32 mile EASY bike ride and Dim Sum with friends.
Now when I say easy, I seriously mean easy. We rode out 12 miles out for Chinese Dim Sum and rode 20 miles back. Don't think my HR ever went above 130, which means I was in a constant fat burning zone which we all know I need after reading what I ate last night ;) Kudos to Crystal for throwing together a great morning/afternoon with friends and showing us how Dim Sum is done. It was my first experience and I was really impressed. Usually Chinese food creates havoc on my insides....but not this time. The food was really light and clean. We mostly had simple starches either steamed or boiled combined with proteins. A few fried pieces here and there but nothing heavy. My favorite was a tie between the green beans and duck. I was kind of dreading the ride back...thought the food would not agree with the bike. But have no fear, good quality food meant a good quality ride home....with of course GREAT friends.
Followed up ride with a 2 hour nap......

And now I am officially going nuts. I've ate a ton of food in the last 24 hours and I feel lethargic. I REALLY want to go swim or run...but I can't. Grrrrrrr!
By mind and body have way too much energy. I'm feeling depressed and seriously just want to to sit on my sofa with a GIANT bottle of wine and watch the Olympics all night long....which will probably happen. AGH!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend thus far. The ceremonies and the LCD were amazing, by far the most incredible ceremonies I've ever seen.

And the food sounds great. I LOVE Dim Sum, but....have only ever had it in Hong Kong. :(