Sunday, August 10, 2008

Free time, a lot of it!

Enough with my mellow dramatic pity party. Who would I be wasting the night away getting drunk alone? Not Kat. Instead I took this new found free time and mental clarity and focused it on being productive.

After several weeks of neglect, my house is now spotless. It’s so clean I will extend an invitation to come eat off of my floors. Yes, I am as anal in my cleaning, as I am my training. I realized during this cleansing process I need to become a minimalist. I have way too much random shit. In my past life I had to have been a pack rat because I keep anything and everything. At the time I think it’s a good idea, movie ticket it here, menu there, beads from the county fair….you know all the random pieces of memories. In reality all these memories are in stored in my head and don’t take up physical space or clutter. So it would only make sense to make mental visits down memory lane and get rid of the random shit.

Worked on my resume tonight. Draft #1 is now done and it’s time to get A. Feedback and B. get in contact with my previous employment and references. The ball is rolling….
There is of course one company that would keep me in Oregon and that is Nike(personal dream company). I will make another attempt before I travel for any interview.

Researching states in which I’d possibly like to move and started a poll on my blogspot. If you get a chance cast your vote, also in you feel so inclined leave me a comment. I’d love to hear your thoughts.
San Diego, CA (father)
Dalles, TX (best friend)
Salt Lake City, Utah (sister)
CO, and any NE State, but more specifically I’m intrigued by MA, CT, VA, VT, PA….although I don’t really know anyone here, just friends met online.

Michael Phelps is amazing. Would love to have some one on one swim time with him….
Speaking of gold medal winners…..I get emotional watching the ceremonies. We are witnessing the best of the best. These athletes live their life to be the best at their chosen sport, in some cases multiple sports. Day in and day out they eat, sleep and live training. It takes an obscene amount of mental, physical and emotional dedication. So much is sacrificed for the win; so much to be respected and honored for.

Hulaman ½ Ironman Goals
Race day is one week today away. I have been giving a lot of thought to my many goals regarding this race, and here’s the breakdown

First and foremost I want a PR. 5:53 at Pac Crest. I’d like my ending time to fall within 5:35-5:50. Although will be happy with anything sub 5:53. Shooting for a sub 3hr bike 2:50-3 and a sub 2:00 run, 1:45-2:00. I’d also like to take a finishers placement in my AG, which is possible considering the turnout thus far looks to be small. I have a tendency to conserve on the bike…never going balls to the wall, at least at a HIM distance. I think I’m going to push my limits, If I don’t I’ll never know, right? I’ve also come to the conclusion that if I need to pee and I need to go bad enough it will just happen, on the bike or run…where ever, there is always baking soda right? A minute is a minute worth shaving. Recently found out the bike course has been torn up in spots. Repaving work in areas, which could easily provoke a flat. I will be ready….not only ready with tools but having my time goals flushed down the toilet. I am avid in taking the positive out of everything and my mental spirit will not be crushed.
Some people don’t think it’s a good idea to reveal race goals, gives competitors an edge or something. Blah, whatever. They have their goals, I have mine. Nothing they do is going to hold me back from achieving what I want….and if I can fuel someone else, so be it.

No comments: