Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday - Recovery Spin

Taper day 5 of 13
Avg HR 152

4:30am, attempt to jump out of bed. Mother of God, my glutes and ribs feel bruised. WTF? Why or how did this happen? Oh yes, PILATES. Hit the spin bike at 5am for a 90 min easy recovery spin all with a little help from my good friend Mr. Coffee Bean. Over the course of 90 mins not one person got on the bike next to me. I wonder if the small version of the great lakes forming around my bike scared people off? Oh well, rocked out to the Ipod and read another edition of Inside Triathlon. Taper is going really well. My body feels like it is recovering and I'm growing really antsy....wanting to push the limits but knowing that I need to restrain. I was thinking about pain and it has been far too long since I've enjoyed my masochistic side. The small beast is forming.......but I'll keep her caged until race day.

BTW....Hot flashes....another reason I HATE being a girl.

No comments: