Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've got plenty of lemons

Warm-up 250

6 x 50 drills; A-Ok, First, Claw; rest 10
4 x 50 Fins; rest 10
4 x 50 paddles; rest 10
4 x 50 boyie; rest

6 x 200s, rest :20 between each.
#1 & #4: be speedy on the first 100, then swim easy (positive split)
#2 & #5: be speedy on the middle 100 (even split)
#3 & #6: be speedy on the last 100 (negative split)

100 easy.

Warm-down
25 x 5 wall pushups
50 x 5 wall pushups
50 x 5 wall pushups
50 x 5 wall pushups
50 x 5 wall pushups
25 x 5 wall pushups

Total yardage 2700

Ever just have one of those days? Today was one of them. The day seemed to get worse by the hour. I think I have become invisible. For some reason my boss decided not to include me on important emails, found out I wasn't apart of the company email distribution list, excluded from the complex BBQ (maybe I'm getting fired soon), hit 4 times during my swim session and then was ignored by the fuel attendant. The dill hole refueled 3 cars that arrived after I did before even acknowledging I was there. I thought swim would help my work annoyance, but it didn't. Goggles were leaking a 1/3 of the way into the swim before I could get the seal to work. Managed to get water up my nose twice during flipturns....that hasn't happened in a long time. Some stupid girl swimming the backstroke ran in to me 4 times! Not once, not twice...but 4 ****ing times. The first few just annoyed me, after the third I messed up my flip turn and happened to kick her. Hurt my foot but it was well worth it. I know, I know, shame on me....oh well. My swim finally started to feel good at the end of the 200 splits, but by then it was pretty much over. I think I've been invisible all day.

But when life throws you lemons Kat makes lemonade.

Always ending on a positive note.
I found my long lost resume. I thought I lost it when my laptop took a dive and I realized I couldn't archive my email further then two years back....but then searching Monster I realized I had it saved. THANK God. I had one bad ass resume created by my the HR director of my last company, it would SUCK trying to replicate it. So all I have to do is freshen it up a bit. This was the ONE good thing that happened all day and it was a VERY good one. I've been contempt with my job for sometime. It's not my dream career and the company is less then to be desired...IMO. BUT it has allowed my to fundraise and train like crazy for the last 2 years, and with dedicating the first 6 years of my work life to 8-12 hour days, no vacations and basically working my tail off to get promoted every 6 months.....I needed a break from work stress. So that's where this lackluster job came in. It pays me well and allows me to do what I love (outside of work) but it serves no purpose and this has been bothering me for some time. My co-worker brought up a good point, he asked why I don't pick up all my **** and move. I've never traveled anywhere far, just close states CA, WA and NV. Secretly I have a fear of using the airplane bathrooms, so I try to limit my flights to 2 hours. But his comment ignited a fire from within. I really don't have anything holding me down here. I'm single and young and still have plenty of time to see the world. So why not do it now? Why not pack it all up and move somewhere out of my comfort zone? If I was able to get through half the crap I did growing up I could surely handle this right? Taper has come at the right time. I'm going to take my new found time to redo my resume and start sending it out to CA and the East Coast. It's time to see what my possibilities are. If anyone is in need of a BUYER or PLANNER keep me in mind

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

You could have turned from defensive swimming to offensive swimming. Played like a dodgeball game of water polo in your lane with a pull bouy.

As for moving - get out and enjoy the world while you still can! It's easy to move when the only thing you have dependencies on (or have on you) is just yourself. Shoot resumes to all sorts of weird places and see where it takes ya. You can always decline jobs...