Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Boom Boom Pow

Monday - AM Swim at the new 24hr Fitness. 2700 yards. Brrrrr. I don't think this pool is heated! I swam into (not literally :)) a lady that I had swam with at the Hillsboro 24 a year or so prior. She recognized me by my fish fin swim cap. Seriously, am I the only one that likes to swim with a fin on my head? Hehe, you can always find this Nemo! Anywho, it was good to catch up and have motivation to pick up my pace. Energy levels were much higher in the pool and I enjoyed the heat therapy that followed.

Tuesday - "Pain can be endured and defeated only if it is embraced. Denied or feared, it grows."
AM Spin 60mins Z4/Z5 intervals - execution!
First couple weren't so bad. Got my legs fired up and my heart rate elevated just 15 mins out of bed! The last interval burned like a mother****er. Getting my HR up past 170 on the bike is a challenge for me...I was happy to look down and see 178 and rising. Hit targeted watts per interval.
Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow is a good song to hit Z5s too.

In the evening I got my Pilates and TRX on and then went for an easy 3 mile run.
Apparently my run form got jacked up somehow...which could be reasoning behind for my current issues. I focused on a tight core and picking up a dime with my tailend....kidding on part of that! Butt (hehe) which part? How silly would one look running down the street with a tight a$$? Ahahahahahaha! Anywho, that didn't work....I'm questioning if I'll be able to even run at CdA.

No comments: