Friday, October 16, 2009

Value

"It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil; the value of good; through hunger the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest" - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

Yesterday I got the extra R & R I needed. I'm still not 100% but my internal spark came back and inspired an AM run.

6.1 miles - PE - easy /8:30 avg
This run puts my Newton's at a ripe age of 21 miles. I extended my last run in the shoes by 1.5 miles. It's the first run I've had in them that I didn't feel the need to ice after. My shins started with pain but this has been the norm. 10-20 minutes of discomfort and then all is eliminated. My wings expanded and I soared above the ground. I was soaring at a slow pace but that didn't matter - flying is flying :)

I've thought a bit about naming my Newton's. I've never named a pair of shoes and frankly find it a little silly. This is coming from a girl that names each of her bikes. Why do I think naming shoes is different then naming a bike? I couldn't tell you. Maybe because I "ride" the bike I find it to be more personal. Who knows. Anything that gives me as much satisfaction as these shoes do should have a name. It's something I suppose I'll ponder over my soup dinner with my mama tonight. Maybe she'll come up with a good name.

Of course I could just be bias. I'm smitten over the shoes, but possibly more smitten by the boy that gave me the shoes. :)

No comments: