Thursday, October 8, 2009

Slim Shady

Breaking in my Newton's....
Another 3.1 mile easy run into the sunrise. Since my runs are usually much longer in the AM, I have grown used to running in the darkness only to see light at the end. Today was different. I didn't start running until 6:50am. The sky was brightly lit up by the moon. Within 20 minutes it changed to a light pastel watercolor as the sun peaked it's beaming head through. Ah, sunrise.

Evening fun run-
Tonight I took part in the Fit Right NW First Thursday (2nd for the this month only) run. For 60 minutes you're supposed to run to misc locations and pick up tickets for the post run raffle. I ran with my friend Joe and his buddy Matt. It was a pretty casual affair, for the first 20 minutes or so we stuck in this slow-go congested mess. We decided to take the more "challenging" location and ran up to Vista to the Japenese Rose Gardens...this handed me my ASS, no doubt! Going up was difficult but coming down was much worse, it was VERY steep and it hurt my shins. An easy run out through NW made my legs feel much better. The run event was pretty cool. Not so big on the post-after party. For the next 30-45 minutes people parlayed down in the beer garden as the raffle went down. There really wasn't much reason for me to stick around. My friends opted to partake in the beer festivities (I didn't blame them) which left open and exposed in the meat market. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm in my "dating season" yet I wasn't feeling anyone around me and there were some cute boys. I just got this weird feeling of "fakeness" from those I spoke to. I think people try to play themselves up too much, spit too much game and or name drop. Really? I don't care who you know or what you've done.....just be real. Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?
Ugh, maybe if I set up some kind of competitive goal to my "dating season" I'd invest more into it. Honestly it feels like too much work.... Maybe that's why I signed up for a century this weekend instead of hitting the nightlife. Priorities Kat, priorities.

Oh well, another early night in bed...I do have a 6am date with the water.

No comments: