Friday, October 2, 2009

Pain is weakness leaving the body...

Or is it?
I didn't sleep at all last night. Well I initially fell asleep but was rudely awaken by twitchy calves 90 minutes later. I tossed and turned for about 2 hours before I decided to get up and do something about it. I drank some warm milk with a magnesium supplement and put on my Zoot compression socks. Back to sleep I went. My legs calmed down for the next couple hours but my mind wouldn't rest, I still felt hyped up from the evening track session. I now remember why I avoid any high intensity workouts other than swim in the evenings.

After a pathetic 3 hours of solid sleep I opted to get up.

5:15am
75 min recovery spin - goal/lactic flush
Max HR 152/ Avg HR 142
Max watts 179/ Avg watts 141

My lats started to burn on the bike, but my calves started to feel much better. I opted to bike commute to work. I later regretted this as DOMS sunk in like a mother^&$^er by 2pm. I started my pimp lean as my tail hurt too bad to to walk straight. At some point I think my rear end turned into a rock, as it was not pleasant to sit upon. The pernicious burn in my lats was amplified by my coffee tumbler stabbing me through my messenger bag. Really? Can't I get a break? Ah yes, the showers had stopped, the sun was shinning and I hit all green lights on the way home. I get home and am greeted by these bad boys -


Newtons :)

I was able to end the night with a smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pain is information.