Friday, June 13, 2008

A whole bunch of everything done easy.

Thursday --- tapering down
Lunch - 60 min Pilates

Evening 37 min easy run around Klineline – 4 miles.

Open Water Swim – 4 loops around Klineline; approx 2000 yards.
1 mass open water swim start. This felt good, going around the pole was chaotic. There was no room so I just swam over people….we were so crowded with people that once I cleared the pole I had people grabbing on to my feet so I just kicked hard….that got me free. I really have no issues with mass starting or swimming/over or kicking people…you do what you have to do. I didn’t stay for the cannon/belly flop contest. I just wasn’t feeling it. It kind of sucks when you have a whole team of people and there are not many that you actually bond with or train with. BTW, missed you Shannon & Jenny!

Friday morning – 90 min easy spin. HR between 130-150. ‘
This was uber easy. I read the first 30 mins….started Ultramarathon Man by Dean Karmazes. So far…good book. You know he will order a large pizza and a cheesecake and eat and hold the food while running? Crazyness! Can’t wait to read more.
Then my friend Laura came to join me. I wrote her up a spin workout to have her ass handed to her on a silver platter  She had a 15 min warm up followed by 5 x 2:30 intervals on anaerobic threshold training based off of her HR and Vo2 stats; 1:30 recovery. She did great and was smiling at the end. Hmmm, I take this as I need to write her a tougher work out.

The next 48 hours I’m going to be doing a lot of rolling/pilates/stretching and eating. I have a VERY easy 12 mile ride out to Blue Lake tomorrow to cheer on the Olympic TNT team doing the Sprint triathlon and then another VERY easy 12 mile ride back to the car. I have been given the go ahead to RACE on Sunday. What does this mean you ask? I will not be holding back, I have vengeance I need to take out on this course and this will be my last chance to push it until race day. I did this same course last summer. I didn’t taper and was running on full fatigue as I was in the midst of training for my first ½ ironman. Blue Lake/Marine Drive handed me my ASS! So now it is time for payback. Sure, I’m still running on a lot of fatigue, but this will be a good indicator of how my fitness has progressed. Doing the same course under just about the same circumstances; I’m freaking excited!!!

No comments: