Friday, June 13, 2008

Inside the mind of Kat….

Inside the mind of Kat….read at your own risk

Frick I hate taper….I'm only 5 days in and I haven't even tapered that much. I've cut out a workout or intensity level here and there, nothing drastic. The next week is going to throw me into shock and by week 2 I'll be comatose bitch. It's during this time that I am alone with my thoughts and my damn laptop that allows me to write. It's better this way…not to be social as I will scare people off. And as you read this random off the wall shit I may scare you away from ever checking in on me again. My apologizes……

Random thought 1
I'm addicted to caffeine. It's to the point I have instant espresso upon waking, a cup of black tea or black coffee around 9 or 10 am and then one more around 2 or 3. And if I do run/bike speed work better believe my nutrition will have a caffeine boost in it as well. I'm at the point that I will get a quick pick me up then I am left tired again. I think I've grown a tolerance for it. Ugh….time to cut back. I started yesterday with my morning espresso and opted for green tea later in the morning and again in the late afternoon. Green tea has 50% caffeine then black and 60-70% less the brewed. Day one was a successful cut back. Last night I only got 6 hours of sleep and then I was up at 4am for an easy 90 min spin this morning. Now it's 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm ready to take a nose dive into my keyboard….I gave into temptation and am sipping on a lovely cup of black coffee. Blah, I will continue to cut back a little each day….and give in when needed.

Random thought 2
Vegas Baby Vegas. I will be going on my first vacation in TWO YEARS!!!! All of my vacation days have been spent racing or traveling to races, it's time to let loose and have some fun!! I have a very risqué crazy fun to do list….Kristy you have your alias?

Random thought 3
I need to get a f$@%ing life. As training is dwindling down I find myself with spare time with nothing to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm still cooking like a mad women but a single girl living alone can only cook so much food. I have serious issues with letting things go to waste and I'm not about to gain 10lbs of fat before my race….so this leaves me a bit restless. Seriously, you can only clean your kitchen floor so many times. I never really considered myself a clean person or per say a "neat freak" until I lived on my own. And now with this new found spare time everything in my house it spotless. You could come eat off of my floors, yes this is an invite. I do enjoy reading inspiring and motivational training books along with catching up on some good movies and TV shows but my problem is 20-30 mins in I get antsy. I feel like I should be doing so much more then just sitting around wasting time. I'm a multi tasker; I have to have 2-3 things going on at one time. I do find it helpful to roll my legs/stretch and do Pilates while watching TV. It helps a little.


Random thought 4
I am going to be single for the rest of my life. This is something I am certain of. I look out into my future and I can not foresee anyone by my side. I've tried the dating thing here and there, it usually happens when I'm in :gasp!: taper and I get bored….or if I'm over trained and I need a distraction….or if I'm caloric deficient and somehow my stupid ass accepts. But never the less nothing comes out of nothing. I don't have the time or energy to put into it, nor do I really have a desire. I'm a picky person and frankly most people just can't keep up. I need to keep a log of how many guys say they can hang or challenge me, only to fall off within a few conversations. It's enough to make me fall over laughing my ass off. It's pretty pathetic when your girlfriends make fun of you for only going out with a guy for one date, really they don't get a second chance. Not once, have I met my match. Do they exist? Who the hell knows. Do I care? Not so much, I'll probably just grow old as the crazy cat lady….I think there are worse things. At least I always have my bike.

Random thought 5
Adam Sandler is hot….there I said it. Recently I went to go see his new movie You Don't Mess with The Zohan with Lindsay and I caught drool on myself. Boy has been hitting the gym or something. The movie had a ton of sexual innuendo's and lots of funny naked shots…but not the gross Will Ferrel type. He had to have lived at the gym to work off that beer belly and define that oh-so delectable ass. Oh snap! Maybe he's the one! A hot funny man, what more could a girl want? Too bad his fitness physique is probably going to be short lived.


Random thought 6
I really don't understand why some girls don't have any girlfriends. I've never met a guy that said he didn't have any guy friends. I get along with pretty much everyone (expect when I'm in taper) so I have wide variety of friends, men and women of all ages. But not having ladies friends….that would suck ass. Most of my girlfriends can be my life support. I mean who else do you go to when you're PMSing, want to dish relationships, talk about current struggles or dreams and aspirations?


Random thought 7
I am an eating machine…I wonder if I could get paid for that. How cool would it be to work for the Food Network and be a taste tester? I should look into it. I wonder if I could eat a 20oz steak…..mmmmm steak. I think I should be a guest judge on Iron Chef…that would be fun. Is Bobby Flay married? I need to go back to The Cheesecake Factory. I had a goal of trying every one of their cheesecakes and think I have only made it to 8-10 thus far. Damn, I've been slacking.

No comments: