Sunday, June 22, 2008

Taper day 14

I have lost my sanity. I have sat around my house alone all day. I'm bored out of my ming yet I have no energy or desire to do anything. I won't be documenting my nutrition for the next 2 weeks...this first week will be to make sure I eat enough to load up for race day. I usually have 2-3 days of cutting and not documenting will be the only way I will surely get the extra calories I need in. In return I expect to gain 3-5 lbs (hydration and fuel).....this is the goal; yet scares the **** out of me. I have all my foods picked out for the next week. I'm eating lots of brown rice, sweet potatoes, multi grain bread w/o hfcs, salmon, shrimp, lean chicken, whole grain pasta, avocado, spinach, oats and red peppers. Of course there will be other things, but those are going to be the main staples for the next 6 days. I will also be very low on sugars and caffeine until race day.
The second week will be post race and I will be traveling back home and then out to Vegas...who counts macro's in Vegas? So this will be interesting...first time I have not doc'd my nutrition/macro's for more then 5 days....my OCDness will not like this. Plus I'm PMS'ing...yea I know, you really didn't need to know that, but it's going to make me feel like I'm putting on 10lbs instead of 5lb, which will suck.

Boredom is killing me. I'm trying to stay positive with reading inspiring endurance athlete books, blogs and articles. The weird thing is that I am not yet nervous. I am not scared of this 1/2, in fact I feel like I'm going to eat it alive, which could be a good or a bad thing, not quite certain. I hope this lethargic gross feeling goes away soon.

4 comments:

Tico said...

I know what you mean about boredom hehe - I came across your blog b/c today is a recovery day.

(I first came across your post with all the random thoughts but I can't find it now...) Anyways, on your random thought #6 - I saw Zohan recently also and in one scene (only one scene) he is shirtless in the salon and his abs looked fake (like they were glued on or something).

In my swimming days I thought I remembered girls having painted nails - isn't there some special nail polish you can use?

What do you mean you don't feel girly? You're even wearing lipstick in your blog header lol

Kit Kat said...

I don't really have the patience or time to do the nail thing. My header picture doesn't have lip stick on hun...I bit my lips, nervous habit. I rarely wear lipstick.

Tico said...

Uh oh, I know what "hun" means... Just pokin fun with the comment - you look great in the pic (the pic I'm referring to is the one of you with lipstick on the top of the site hehe j/k). Good luck with all the training!

Robin said...

Ah, boredom is the hallmark of a good taper. All the best on race day!

And I hear ya on the girly stuff. I don't even wear my wedding ring anymore - it's too much trouble to take it on and off all the time to swim, bike, run, etc. Now I only wear it on dates with the hubby.