Wednesday, June 25, 2008

“A” Race Goal Re-evaluation

And to start off with a quote to my oh-so favorite movie Kill Bill.

O-Ren Ishii says to The Bride “You didn’t think it was going to be that easy did you?” And The Bride replies “You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.” O-Ren Ishii’s witty response is “Silly rabbit.”, The Bride –“Trix are” O-Ren Ishii – “For Kids”.

Lmfao, how hard does this hit home right now? It’s an out of the ballpark grand-mofo-slam! What the hell was I thinking?! There is no such thing as a perfect race and if there was would I really want to do it? My masochistic tail says not! So my “A” race now has a few more complications that I would have liked. I am now going to come face to face with that scorching fiery “orange ball” up in the sky at very high altitude. Come race day we are now looking at 90-95 degrees, WTF, why not ask for 100? Jinx! Last night I was reading The Ultra Marathoner and during Dean’s run in Badwater the soles to his shoes melted after an hour of running and his PB and J sandwich turned to toast, he was covered head to shoe in a white reflective suit and mask. So after reading that I guess we really don’t have it that bad. Running in 120+ would be a lot worse. So as some of my team mates like to say I’m going to “Toughen The Fuck Up” and hit this race with everything I got. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger, or lying dead on the side of the road :p

Taper day 17- 45 min spin. 35 min in a did 4 x ;30 intervals pushing Z3 to dance with the devil and keep my legs peppy. Tomorrow will be my regular Pilates, Friday will be a short 20-30 min swim in Wikiup and then Saturday it’s Game On!

Ah yes, as for the “goal re-evaluation”, what does that mean? My original goals where A. to finish in sub 6 hours, B. not walk on the run and C. Finish the run in sub 2 hours. Not sure if any of those will be accomplished due to the heat but I’ll be damn if I won’t give it my all. I’d be happy with just one out of the three.
At least I exceeded my fundraising goal of $5,000. I’m now at $5,355…and there’s still time to donate. : )
http://www.active.com/donate/tntor/tntorKJordan1

No comments: