Monday, June 9, 2008

A double, but for what?

Monday Morning Swim

250 warm up

1 mile race simulator
100 timed all out effort ; 1:40 (SLOW! I had no 100%, I'm fricking tired!)
50 easy
50 with fins easy
With fins
25 x 2 70%, 25 x 2 80%, 25 x 2 90%, 25 x 2 80%, 25 x 2 100%
200 easy with bobs at the first 25
200 x 5. First 200 breathing out though the nose. (Rests were longer then normal)
100 easy
50 x 8; 65% effort intervals, count time ; ;50-;52
100 easy

Cool down
25 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
25

Total yardage ; 2750

I have done this workout a number of times and today was by far the hardest. The last two days have caught up with me and I am freaking tired. My body doesn't really have much energy left.
This is officially the start of taper. This week I will be cutting back slightly ...I have an Olympic "C" training race on Sunday. I'm looking forward to cutting back, I'm tired of being tired.


Monday Part 2
Approx 7.5 mile pointless run


Yes I did say pointless. I rarely do a workout that doesn't have a rhythm or reason to it...I guess this one did but not from a fitness level. Maybe I took a step back, mentally maybe a step forward. Post swim I was uber fatigued...then I had to work 9 hours, yea I worked through lunch. Monday's can be a pain in the tail catching up on weekends orders and executive reporting. Then I got a call from my dad mid afternoon. This will usually put me off a bit, he's sick and doesn't talk about it much, today he decided he wanted to. It was weird and again brought up a lot of emotions I usually try to bury beneath me. Ugh..... So even through I was tired, I wanted to run. I needed to just get out in the open and think, so that is what I did. I ran an easy pace from NW PDX down to the Waterfront, did the Esplanade loop twice and came back. 99% sure it did nothing for my fitness since I was running on E before I started the run but it sure as hell cleared my mind, and sometimes that is all that matters.

Now I am so tired I'm about to fall on my face. My quads are extremely swollen and sore. I tried to roll them tonight but it's just not possible, they hurt too much. I even tried lightly with the stick, but just rolling without pressure hurts. I'm going to pop some calcnuim and magnesium before bed and hope it help repairs some damaged tissue. Thank goodness tomorrow is a recovery day and start of Kat taking it easy.

No comments: