Friday, June 6, 2008

Pilates/"Race Pace"/Open Water

Thursday

Lunch - 60 min of Pilates. I asked Tracy (instructor) to be kind to my quads today since they were still sore from the ride the prior night....lol, funny how differently we view kindness.

Evening - 6 mile "race pace" run. I'm splitting my runs into 3 a week, 1 track or tempo run (speed work), 1 long LSD (long slow distance) and 1 race pace. Race pace is going to be my marathon or 1/2 iron pace. This is going to be between an 8 and a 9 min mile. The goal of the night was stay around 8:30's. This did not happen. I finished off at 7:50's. One of my team mates commented that it was great, that I'm getting faster, but I know myself. Maybe I am getting a tad bit faster but I very well know I am NOT going to run a 7:50 marathon or even 1/2 marathon. So, Bad Kat Bad. I consider this workout non-successful because I didn't achieve my goal; to stay within race pace. Oh well live and learn, at least it was a good running weather and I had a beautiful 5k loop to run on.

Evening- Post run Open water swim
This on the other hand was VERY successful. Water was cold as I entered, sometimes I forget why I got a sleeveless wetsuit. Then I start swimming , free rang of motion, booyah! I had a great swim, felt strong and enjoyed the open water. Swam 4 loops around Klineline pond, approx 2000 yards.

No comments: