Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday – Taper day 11

Noon- 60 mins of Pilates

Evening – 3 mile "easy" run followed up by open water swim.
4 loops around Klineline pond, approx 2000-2300 yards.
Swim felt absolutely fantastic. One loop in I had this odd feeling, I felt like I was a motor boat. I actually envisioned this. It came from driving my head and lungs down into the water. I know someone had mentioned this before, but I can only pay attention to so many aspects of my stroke at a time before they become a habit. I am actually getting more efficient and with that comes speed. This is a great thing, who knew that someone as uncoordinated as myself could pick up swimming? See there is hope. : )

Post swim our TNT team had the big race send off party. We went over all the same race stuff as usual. It was great to see everyone and catch up with friends I had been missing for some time. The occasion was celebrated with a pot luck and boy let me tell you, those cookies, strawberry shortcake, salads, breads, brownies, meat and cheese did not agree with me come 3am. My tummy wants to disown me and since I will need to gradually up my caloric intake (not with junk food like last night but clean food) over the next 7 days, I will have constant arguments with the stomach. I wish I could just get an organ transplant.

On another note my spirits were very high yesterday. Not sure how long this will last since I'm bi-polar in this state. I'm not feeling as great this morning as I only got 6 hours of sleep and it was rudely interrupted on more than one occasion by my over sensitive tummy, and I have a looooong day of work ahead of me.

No comments: