Monday, June 23, 2008

Taper Day 15 - easy run

Monday evening run - easy 30 mins
First I'll start off with the run since there is not much to report then hit a few other things.
Easy 3.5 miles around the 'hood. First mile was slow and easy, second one I picked it up a bit and my HR started to climb as I hit some hills. Some jackass scared me by cat calling as he drove by. Times like this I wish I was wearing my Ipod. But no Ipod for me today, I wanted to be alone with my thoughts. This would be my last run until race day.....this taper has really made me miss my time running. My right ankle has decided to turn bitch and give me a little bit of streaking pain, so the taper is probably a good thing as will be my week of vacation post HIM. Back to the run, last 1.5 miles I did with drills mixed in, ass kickers, strides and side strides. Got my HR into Z3 and danced with the high aerobic energy for awhile.

*I have been able to successfully cut down my caffeine. I still have my shot of espresso in the morning but I'm either caffeine free for the rest of the day or have a cup of green tea. Not bad considering I was up to an additional 2 cups of black coffee or black tea a day. And I **** you not I have more energy....must be this taper thing.

*I found our who my generous donor was. Same guy that won me at the disco date auction for $500. Turns out his company was able to match his donation. So my 2 hour date was valued at $1000, talk about the luck of the draw.

*Each night for the last week or so I have managed to come home and get a 45-60 min nap in. It feels soooooo good. It is really nice to be able to sleep so much, funny how when I train a ton I have issues sleeping, one would think it would be the other way around.

*I was sitting in a meeting today fully alert. Yea, I know, can you believe it? Usually I'll end up trying to dose off or start drawing when my ADD kicks in (not diagnosed but pretty damn sure I have it). Each day I wake up with out fatigue or pain...is this what it feels like to not train? My body does still crack just about every time I move, does this mean I'm aging faster? Hmmmm

No comments: